The mission of the Manatee Arts Education Council is to support, promote, and celebrate PreK-12 arts education in the public schools of Manatee County.
The vision of the MAEC is for every student in every public Manatee County school to have equitable access to a well-rounded education that includes a comprehensive, sequential, high-quality program of arts instruction; and for our community to have broad-based cultural programs available to support lifelong learning in and through the arts.
MAEC believes that the arts are essential to a complete education. The arts;
- include dance, music, theatre, visual art, and media art;
- foster civic enagement, stimulate economic activity, and increase cultural empathy, and thus play a crucial role in sustaining thriving communities.
- should be made available to all Manatee County citizens through high-quality school-based programs and community arts organizations.
- are powerful in the education of students with special needs.
- are central to the development of all children and to ongoing creative engagement for people of all ages; and
- contribute to the breadth, depth, and diversity of artistic and cultural life that are critical measures of the vitality of Manatee County.
Launched on July 1, 2018, the Manatee Arts Education Council is a branch organization of the Manatee Education Foundation. The Manatee Education Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contribution is deductible for tax purposes, subject to limitations established by IRS laws and regulations. Tax ID # 65-0037457 Registration #CH21486. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free (800) 435-7352 within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.